김유일 인하대학교 교수(조선해양공학과)는 지난 5월 25일 오후 센터에서 ‘Operational modal analysis on the vessel with hydro-elastic response'를 주제로 세미나를 가졌다.
이날 세미나의 결론은 다음과 같다.
• Operational modal analysis is powerful and versatile technique in analyzing the measurement data, especially full scale one
• Modal parameters, such as mode shapes, natural frequencies and damping ratios can be successfully retrieved using OMA
• Understanding on the hydroelastic response of large container carrier is very important and measurement data combined with OMA provide rich information on the physics
• Damping of torsional vibration of container carrier turned out to be very significant, which may dramatically reduce torsional response
• Fatigue damage increase induced by hydroelastic response was very significant